Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I put a motor and computer from 2004 ford 4.0 ranger into a

Customer Question
jeep and i would like...
I put a motor and computer from 2004 ford 4.0 ranger into a jeep and i would like the pats taking out . i do not need it
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: do not know mile i think it is over 100000 and it is a 5 speed manual
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am a truck teck for over 25 yeas do not have pats key i am using jeep ign. switch to run . truck will not start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: just that i do not need pats in computer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/5/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, you cannot eliminate the PATS system it is integral to the instrument cluster and PCM of the ranger. You could mout the key transceiver and key behind the dash for that section to work, but you would need all the wiring and instrument cluster conected with the computer network of the Ford PCM for the system to work. No way around it.

Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Use a Ford PATS Bypass Module and install it. That is about the only way around it. The system is wired into the PCM.

CLICK HERE for an example of one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

The only other option which I have seen this done with was by a tuner shop that does their own programming. They can flash the PCM and remove the PATS info from the PCM. That is the only other option you have with this.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Jeremy
Jeremy