Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have an 88 Ltd crown and my inside lights won't shut off

Customer Question
I've messed with the delay...
I have an 88 Ltd crown and my inside lights won't shut off I've messed with the delay and every door censor they won't shut off unless u disconnect the battery
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: If it was a fuse wouldn't the lights not work at all?
JA: What year is your Ltd?
Customer: 88
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The delay and every door sensor. Also the hood and trunk
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just filled my air coolant and antifreeze
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/3/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, take a look at the headlamp switch, remove it and disconnect the electrical connector, if the connector shows signs of overheating/being melted replace the switch and harness pigtail connector. See if the lights turn off with the switch disconnected, its rheostat is the interior light switch to turn on the interior lamps.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans