Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Well I have a 2003 Ford explorer sport and, I parked went in

Customer Question
Well I have a 2003...
Well I have a 2003 Ford explorer sport and
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I parked went in store and when I came back out it wouldn't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine does not turn over
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: And I just bought a new battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/3/2016
Ford Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

do you have power to everything else

sounds like your starter has went out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I turn the key dash and what not turn on you here a click and that's it

its definitely the starter the clicking you are hearing is the starter relay

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't afford additional cost for call can you just assist help live through chat

we can chat on here as much as you would like

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you still help me I am going to try and do it myself

yes i can try to walk you through it the best i i can through here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok is there a time limit became it's 2 am here and have to wait till at least 5:30-6am
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also there are no additional or deceptive charges to continue chatting correct

the chating is the original cost you paid you only pay extra if you want an additional service and i more then likely wont be on at that time but what i can do is upload the instructions on how to replace the starter

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no time limit is there?

no there is not

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so if your not on at time I need what happens? Also so if I stop chat and resume later no additional charge correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I access information you upload and will I be able to download and save?

like i said i can go ahead and upload step by step instructions on how to remove and replace the starter and you resume the chat when ever you like no charge and the file will be a pdf file that you can save and print if you need to

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok then what was your name again? Sorry but as woman have to be sure I am not being dubed or anything.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How would I resume chat?

my name is ***** ***** i promise you that is not the case as i dont get paid until you are satisfied with my answer an you rate my service but here is the info to resume the chat just come back to your page and start typing

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to know sizes of the sockets and what exact other tools I need to do repair please and thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

im here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Socket sizes and other tools I am going to need to do repair
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What socket sizes do I need

if i am not mistaken you will need a 8mm 10mm 13mm and a 15mm but i would advise you to have a small socket set cause sometime the use different sizes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok what other tools

a jack and jack stands

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is it?

yes the starter is only two bolts and a couple of electrical connections

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok great thanks will be back on chat in a couple hours OK

ok

how did it go

cloe0626
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic