Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Clicking sound, air bag light blinking with the sound. no

Customer Question
clicking sound, air bag light...
clicking sound, air bag light blinking with the sound. no power to anything
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: my wife thinks the seatbelt was when the problem begun
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2014 ford edge
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i disconnected the battery and then let it sit for a while and re connected it. same thing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: seems like and electronics problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 year ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

How many miles do you have on your 2014 Edge?
Can I get the VIN# ***** check Fords database on your concern?
Have you had the battery tested out of the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
45k miles, 2011 ford edge vin #: 2FMDK4KC7BBA49400
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a spark on the battery. I disconnected the battery because the clicking would not stop to save the battery. I think the battery is fine.her is what happenedWhen I get into my car, the car acknowledges my key and the dashboard lights up. Yesterday, the dashboard remained dark. When I tried to start the car, nothing but the air bag icon began to blink very quickly with a clicking noise. Then the speedometer, with each “click” of the air bag icon, gradually went all the way off the charts – beyond 150 mph. Then the ABS light began to rapidly blink along with the air bag icon. It just continued to blink, even without the key being present. The steering wheel isn’t locked and the emergency brake is on now.

Ok, you started with a 2014 edge and now the vin shows a 2011 Edge.

Have you had the battery tested? A weak battery will cause this problem.

See the OASIS print out below.

Have the battery tested first. Weak batteries will cause numerous issues with todays vehicles. Had several recently that would not even jump start till the battery was replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let me check the battery and then get back to you.

Ok. It may show 12 volts, but we need to see the proper CCA (Cold Cranking Amps).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was the battery. Replaced it and all good thanks

Your welcome. All the modules in the vehicle need at least 5 volts to have them wake up as we call it and start communicating over the wired network in the vehicle for it to properly start.

A. Penland
A. Penland