Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

4, ......... We have a 2006 ford explorer Eddie bower 4x4

Customer Question
JA: What is the model/year...
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: '
;;;;;4
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: .........
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have a 2006 ford explorer Eddie bower 4x4 with 6 cyl engine. I accelerated hard from a stop sign and had a slight stumble. Coasted to my driveway and the engine stalled. Was able to restart a couple of times and get the car into the parking spot. Now it will not start. Diagnostics show code PO320. Have checked all connections and everything seems tight. Car has 87000 miles and has been well take cared for. I have taken the battery cable off to let the computer reset with no difference.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine turns over fine. Battery is less than 6 mos old.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I have reviewed possible issues but would like to not have to change a bunch of parts - trial and error method - to get to the bottom of this. I guess one other thing - yesterday we had a screeching belt for no apparent reason. I replaced the tensioner and belt but the real problem turned out to be rubber or some other type of buildup in the upper pulley grooves. Just letting you know this so you know what part of the engine have been working around.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Will your scan tool show what looks like a consistent and accurate cam and crank sensor reading while cranking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not believe so. It is a pretty basic scan reader
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did you get my response?

Do you know how to check the fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not checked for spark but I would do so by holding the wire away from a ground while cranking. I do not have a manual for this vehicle but I believe I do have a fuel pressure gage. I would need a little coaching to check fuel pressure on this vehicle. I do not know how to check injector pulse.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you still there?

Yes that is correct on the spark test.

Fuel pressure is checked with a scan tool, or by connecting a gauge to the fuel line or by connecting to the test port. This model year is about the cut off for no test port. If there is a port it will look like a tire valve and it will be near cylinder 1 front cylinder passenger side. 30 psi is the minimum.

For injector pulse, one wire is power with the key on. The other wire is a ground pulse while cranking. You test it with the injector unplugged and noid light plugged in to see if it flashes.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand you can't work for nothing but we are at the beginning of diagnosing this problem. Are you going to work with me to get to the bottom of this problem or do you think you are through? I would not be on this service if I did not intend to pay. I have used the service in the past with good results. that's why I am here. What is your intensions regarding helping me to get to the bottom of this problem?

I am here for the duration.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is currently dark here and I will not be able to get back to this until tomorrow morning. I will run the tests we discussed and text you back then if you will be available.

Super

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician