tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

Explorer was shifting in drive 1&2 speed i remove the valve

Customer Question

explorer was shifting in drive 1&2 speed i remove the valve body and the reverse servo fell out i replace it with different valve body and it just reverse again
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: i hook up a scanner to diagnose the problem you see selection of the reverse on the scanner but it wont engage don't have a wiring diagram
JA: What year is your Explorer?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i bought a used transmission and used the housing with the valve that came with it and the parts from the transmission which put a new kit
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: why can't we get the transmission to reverse and we need to do to fix this problem and the mechanic is not doing right tofix this problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

so,it has no reverse at all?..did it have reverse before you worked on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it had reverse before it was worked on

ok.what was the original problem?why was the valve body removed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the valve body was removed because the gears wouldn't change. it would only change the drive and the second

but it had reverse at the time also?

when it was time for it to shift to 3rd,what did it do,?

did it hold 2nd or did it shift like into nothing,like neutral?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after it catch the 2nd it does not change it just keeps driving ....

ok..so,you think the valve body is on incorrectly?

i can give you directions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the valve body is on correctly

ok

if the valve body is on correctly yet you have no revers,i think the problem is mechanical and internal

i would think the reverse band is worn or broken

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erx85tw5696hm5h/0629-explorer-Engagement%20Concern.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/erx85tw5696hm5h/0629-explorer-Engagement%20Concern.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help