Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

08 Ford F250 6.4. relay in the fuse box in the cab is

Customer Question
08 Ford F250 6.4....
08 Ford F250 6.4. relay in the fuse box in the cab is buzzing only when the headlights/parking lights are activated.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: starting normally, noting out of the ordinary. 245000mi
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it just started last night around 10pm. yes to fix myself. I replaced the turn signal bulbs yesterday afternoon and no buzz when I checked their operation
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i cleaned the battery terminals that were starting to corrode. and have added emergency lighting for my job
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 1 year ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Well at 245,000 miles id say the relay is just plain worn out id change it Thanks Joey

The relay has contacts & should be worn out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has a new relay their sir. The old one was the factory relay, and I replaced that one and all of them under the hood also.

ok ,well you then need the truck on a scanner that can read all functions to find the issue .....a code reader such as at parts stores will not do this

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll get it to the shop shortly. Thank you.

ok , please rate my answer as this is how I get paid....take care

As well if you happen o have a Aamco Transmission Center in you Area They will test it for Free

Joe  Barfield
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech