Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Car will not start, changed sparkle plugs and tried jumping

Customer Question
no JA: Does the engine turn...
Car will not start, changed sparkle plugs and tried jumping no
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine turns battery is low. It turns fast but no firer
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Ford Taurus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Change plug, new water pump replace (Hester
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: there were leaks but replaced all hoses. Was driving yesterday it got hot and shut down
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Are there any fault codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have not been on the machine
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

What do you mean? Has not been hooked up to a scan tool?If the check engine light is on then there wil be codes. Autozone will plug in for no charge. Let me know if you have fault codes and what codes you have.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician