Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2011 Fiesta intermittently stalls with the AC only on. It

Customer Question

My 2011 Fiesta intermittently stalls with the AC only on. It does it when coming to a stop and not does it at higher speeds (3rd gear 30-40 mph) when foot off the gas.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: No the light is not on. When driving, but will do it when stopped at idle.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it to the Dealer....could not duplicate. They did not let it sit, warm up then drive it. It has to be with AC on and running for 5-10 minutes.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Work fine without air on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Do you have the date of production? Normally on the door sticker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am at work. No access now. I bought it October 2010.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This started last summer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gas mileage unaffected.

I see, thanks. None of that really has any bearing on the problem. Please let us know when you have the date of production, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I continue with this later?

You can log back on with your user name and password ***** this thread will be in your, "My questions" section. Thanks