Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2001 ford f250 v10 triton stopped itbtrys to crank but

Customer Question

My 2001 ford f250 v10 triton stopped itbtrys to crank but want. It stalled out on me getting on the interstate but bsmoothed back out. I cut it off and it wld not start.. a mech. Says its the fuel pump.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes the engine turns over and the battery is good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the fuse its good as well as pressed in on the reset button on passenger side
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jerry and thank you for your question,

Take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter at the inertia switch with the engine cranking over and see if you have power on both side of the switch at the connector and let me know what you find and we can work from there.