Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My name is, I am having problems with starting my ford

Customer Question
Hi pearl, my name is...
Hi pearl, my name is ***** ***** am having problems with starting my ford explorer, starts only when turn the ignition 8 times like whenreprogram the entrance key transmiter, and my frien tested with scanne and the# ***** appears on !
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: In park
JA: What year is your Explorer?
Customer: 2006!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since the check charging system appears I change the alternator and the battery.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Also when driving the speedometer neddle frozen ,and the back up lights are on when is in drive.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/28/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAPHi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok ,chad ;I will wait for your response.
2006 Ford Truck Explorer 2WD V6-4.0L VIN E Save Article Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only PINPOINT TEST G: THE REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) TRANSMITTER IS OUT OF SYNCHRONIZATIONNormal Operation
The RKE transmitter and the smart junction box (SJB) use a rolling code to prevent the codes from being "captured" by a code grabber. The system advances the counter in the RKE transmitter and in the SJB every time an RKE transmitter button is pressed.All RKE transmitters must be present to begin diagnosis of the RKE system.Possible Causes
- RKE transmitter button pressed a substantial amount of times outside the range of the vehicle
- RKE transmitter
- SJB
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have all the info , my phone # ***** *****(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I JUST SEND THE RIGHT Phone#

I m sorry about that

it show payment error , for some reason,I will send it to customer service to resolve it .

Chad ( aka-Customer

I have send it customer service for resolution, you should hear back from them shortly

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi chad is everything ok?

he how are you

do you want me to call you

did customer service call you yet ?

i can try send you a request my side and see if that works

By the way do you have one or 2 keys ?

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

ANTI-THEFT The passive anti-theft system (PATS) uses radio frequency identification technology to deter a driveway theft. Passive means that it does not require any action from the user to make it functional. PATS uses a specially encoded ignition key. Each PATS key contains a permanently installed electronic device called a transponder. Each transponder contains a unique electronic identification code, with over 72 million billion combinations. Each PATS key must be programmed into the vehicle PATS module before it can be used to start the engine. There are special diagnostic procedures described in the that must be carried out if new PATS keys are to be installed. The PATS key is larger than a traditional ignition key. The PATS key does not require batteries and should last the life of the vehicle. The PATS transceiver is located on the steering column attached to the ignition lock cylinder housing and communicates with the PATS keys. During each vehicle start sequence, the PATS transceiver reads the PATS key identification code and sends the data to the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster validates the code as correct and sends the powertrain control module (PCM) an enable code through the network. The control function is contained in the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster carries out all of the PATS functions, such as receiving the identification code from the PATS key and controlling the starter enable signal, and communicates with the PCM to enable the engine. The instrument cluster initiates the key interrogation sequence when the PATS key is inserted in the ignition switch and also when the switch is turned to RUN or START. All elements of PATS must be functional before the engine is allowed to start. If any of the components are not working correctly, the vehicle does not start. NOTE: If either the instrument cluster or the PCM are installed, both modules require a parameter reset to allow the modules to recognize the PATS keys. Failure to carry out the parameter reset to both the instrument cluster and PCM may result in a no-start condition. The PATS uses a visual anti-theft indicator (part of the light sensor). This indicator proves out for 3 seconds when the ignition switch is turned to ON or START. If there is a PATS concern, this anti-theft indicator either flashes rapidly or glows steadily (for more than 3 seconds) when the ignition switch is in the RUN or START position. The PATS also flashes the anti-theft indicator every 2 seconds with the ignition switch OFF to act as a visual theft deterent. The PATS is not compatible with aftermarket remote start systems, which allow the vehicle to be started from outside the vehicle. These systems may reduce the vehicle security level and may also cause no-start issues. Remote start systems must be removed before investigation of PATS-related no-start issues.

I believe the issue here could be the instrument cluster itself , if you read it is part of the pats system, the security system, if the needles are frozen , the pcm dont see the cluster and will not allow it to run , the cluster is interment , sometimes its working sometimes is not , the cluster & cluster connector needs checking

Ron, ASE Certified Technician