Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Just looking to find out where the sensor is located. Temp. Oops. My mechanic says it is located above the engine...

Customer Question
Just looking to find out...
Just looking to find out where the sensor is located
JA: Which sensor are you asking about? O2? MAP? Did any codes pop up?
Customer: temp
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: oops
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: My mechanic says it is located above the engine in the back
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2001
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: He inspected it yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron Z., - Ford Tech - replied 1 year ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

May I have the Model and Engine Size of your 2001 Ford?

Are you looking for the Coolant Temp Sensor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3.6 liter V 2001 Ford Mustang, base
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not looking for a coolant sensor

Ok, which sensor are you looking for?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The mechanic said that it is near the back of the engine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Near the cylinder head
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Above the intake

There are a few different sensors back there. Can you be a bit more specific? Did you have a Check Engine Light on and have the "p-codes" scanned that led you to this sensor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the check engine light comes on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No P codes

Ok. I am going to opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may better assist. Sit tight one sec.. someone will be right with you...

Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. What sensor on your engine are you looking for?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just a second
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A temp sensor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

I am looking for a diagram for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying to locate it on my car

It is on the rear of the drivers side cylinder head.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I checked out where it is. I will look again

Ok. You may have to look harder and more closely. It is there. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was also told that I might have a vacuum leak

Ok. You need to look for any vacuum lines that may be disconnected.

Thanks for viewing my response. Let me know if you have any more questions, and also please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician