rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I lock my keys in the trunk. I can not get into the trunk,

Customer Question

I lock my keys in the trunk. I can not get into the trunk
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 thunderbird
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a lock smith come and unlock the door.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I'm not sure what options your car has, but if the trunk has a release button inside the glove box, use that. Some also have a level left of the driver's seat near the floor. Some have a fold down seat back that can get you in that way too.

Thanks, Ron