Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

The check trailer warning light and tbc check trailer

Customer Question
warning comes on without the...
the check trailer warning light and tbc check trailer warning comes on without the trailer hooked up
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: 5 years maybe. what bulbs?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 250
superduty
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2001 with the v10
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/22/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You get water in the trailer plug that trips the fuse and then you get the lamp for the check trailer.

Get some dielectric grease and clean the plug with electrical contact spray, put the grease in the plug and then replace the fuse. Reset the code and that should take care of it.

The dielectric grease keeps the moisture from grounding out the wires in the plug causing that from happening again. Mine used to do it all the time until I did that and had no issues since.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Jeremy
Jeremy