Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I OWN A F350 SUPERDUTY, 2006 IT HAS 100 000 MILES. STARTS

Customer Question

I OWN A F350 SUPERDUTY , 2006 IT HAS 100 000 MILES. STARTS AND RUNS GREAT , BUT MUST ALLOW IT TO WARM UP BEFORE DRIVING. THE PROBLEM IS IT LOVES TO STALL WHENEVER I COME DOWN TO A IDLE.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

If you try to drive it prior to warming up does it smoke or misfire?

Will your scan tool allow you to monitor the ICP pressure reading?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no smoke or misfire when cold , but stronger when warm . ICP at about 590 at idle and about 2000 at normal drive.

Can you start it cold, and drive it immediate and tell me what the ICP is showing as you speed up and while the engine is weak?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can drive immediately. the ICP at idle and cold is about 700, at 2000 rpm or 50 mph the ICP IS ABOUT 1800. now the engine is warm and the ICP is at 590 at idle in N .

Okay the ICP looks within specs.

At what mileage did this issue begin?

Once it stalls will it restart easily?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MILAGE IS JUST OVER 100 000. the restart is easy , but I have to hold idle up to 900 or more to shift & take off .

At what mileage did this issue begin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the issue began at just under 100 000 miles

Thanks, ***** ***** a TSB 10-12-11 to reprogram the PCM for this concern, has that been done?

Unplug the ICP and see if the concern is gone, if so then the ICP is bad.

Check the FICM M power on your scan tool during the concern. If the M power is dropping into the 30's or 20's, replace the FICM.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi chris I decided to give my truck to the ford dealer for their diagnostics, I will inform you of the outcome next week. richard

Thanks Richard. The post will have timed out and closed by then. Sorry you were not pleased with my help.