EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Drove ranger home last night all ok this morning no start

Customer Question

drove ranger home last night all ok this morning no start key chime and all works no cranking at all battery good can it be chip key
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes everything seems to work
JA: What year is your Ranger?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried push starting and jump starting nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no i was wondering if either chip key was bad or clutch switch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Is the theft light blinking rapidly when you turn the ignition on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. That indicates a problem with the anti-theft system. Do you have another key to try and start the truck with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. UNfortunately you are going to have to try and have the key reprogrammed to the truck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you do that?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You need a tool to reprogram them. Either the dealer can do it, or a locksmith can come out to your truck and do it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome. Have a great evening and please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for allowing me to assist you. Please ask if you have any further questions on this. And also rate my assistance provided please using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.