Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

2010 Ford Taurus sat while, new battery now, no start fault

Customer Question

2010 Ford Taurus sat for a while, new battery now, no start fault on cluster, what could cause this issue. Says starter relay disabled on my snap on scanner
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello. This is usually caused by a security issue. If the car is not recognizing the key then this will occur. If you have a spare key then give that a shot. If not then the system will need to be unlocked with the scan tool to reprogram the key to the car.. I am not sure if yours has that capability or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They key is brand new I just got a key man to program it, there's no security lights and the key does unlock and lock the doors. My scanner doesn't program keys, could be anything else?
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.

The only other reason that the scan tool would say that the computer is doing this would be if the ignition switch is not sending the correct signal or if the vehicle is not showing that it is park or neutral. This will cause it to disable the starter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should take it in to ford I guess
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.

If all of these other systems that I mentioned checked out then you will need a more advanced scan tool to go further with it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows he neutral switch works, why would it say starter relay disabled, what r the things to make it disable starter relay, the safety switch works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A starter diagram would help also
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.

The computer would only say that for reasons such as security, transmission position, or if the computer itself has failed. I will attach a starter diagram.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My friend will be coming tomorrow with an cardaq plus 2, I Will let you know tomorrow