Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

2007 f250 feels like the front diff is swaying ,ball joints

Customer Question

2007 f250 feels like the front diff is swaying ,ball joints r tight, tie rod ends r tight, steering shaft and gear box r ok, drag link is ok .l saw a little bit of play in the trac bar is that enough to make it feel like the front diff is swaying?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

How are you checking the gearbox for play?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
running ,, I drove it and it does feel somewhere else. it almost feel like it wants to fish tail or dancing left to right when ur driving it and rock the wheel a little to test

What is the process you are using from start to finish to check the gearbox?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had someone rock the steering wheel with the vehicle running then with it off seems ok going down the road it stop straight ,l don't have to hold the steering wheel to keep it straight , it only happen when you are driving worst on the hwy. feels like the front diff is loose

And when they were rocking the wheel as soon as they started moving it the pitman arm started turning? And the wheels immediately started turning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

And the tires are good and seem to be wearing evenly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you better explain what you mean by the front diff swaying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
going down the road and u try to avoid a pothole it goes all over the road feels like the back diff wants to pass the front diff

Have you had it aligned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankx it was tires

No problem. Thats what I was thinking but you said they were good so it kind of confused me.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks