Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Had brakes sometimes other times when applying brakes pedal

Customer Question
sunk to floor...
had brakes sometimes other times when applying brakes pedal sunk to floor classic master cylinder failure or so i thought. Purchased one from ford and installed cannot get brakes at all now bled lines at master abs pump and at wheels two of the wheels i get nothing have let the wheels gravity bleed still no brakes at all
JA: Working brakes are essential. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with brake problems. What year is your Classic?
Customer: 2012 fusion sel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: what i told you
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no abs codes i have scanner
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/16/2016
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

May I ask why you didn't try bleeding a 4 wheels?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bled the replacement master cylinder cannot get any pressure at the wheels. Used my scanner and ran bleed procedure for HCU a few times. Bled lines at abs module only two wheels have any pressure I think there must be a stuck valve in the ABS system I was able to gravity bleed the wheels still no brakes

Which wheels were you able to bleed?

What method did you use to bleed, foot on brake (manual), a vacuum pump, gravity or pressure bleeder?

Also in what sequence or order did you attempt to bleed at the wheels?

Just so I can look in the repair manual if need be, what engine came in this?

Never mind about which wheels I see "cannot get any pressure at the wheels".

From what I am reading, "The hydraulic brake system is diagonally split with the LH front and RH rear brakes on one circuit and the RH front and LH rear brakes on the other circuit."

So I find it odd that you cannot get any fluid out of the rear.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I can get fluid lf and rr only
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LR and RF have just a small dribble after pumping many times and then opening the bleeder

Again, in what sequence or order did you bleed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
started rr the lr then rf then lf this seems more like something is stuck in the abs unit but not 100 percent sure already threw a master cylinder i might not have needed although i had brakes before the swap out lf and rr have some pressure present when cracking bleed screw

Ok, that is the sequence in the manual.

Is this a hybrid?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Fusion SEL 3.0 flex fuel gasoline/e85 model

Ok, just asking cause I see the hybrid was different.

I would start again at the master cylinder, bleed the line to whichever is for the LR and RF, if you don't know which one it is, let me know, I am sure there is some way to find out. Then if you get a good squirt while bleeding it, follow that brake line to wherever it goes on the next item which I assume is the HCU and crack that line loose there and see what you get going in and coming out. Then continue to follow the line until you suddenly get no pressure or squirt and let me know where that is.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician