Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I have a 2006 Fusion 4 cylinder, have power to the relay, I

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Fusion 4 cylinder, have power to the relay, I scanned and there is signs from a/c on and off signs from controller but a/c is not turning on. Please help its hot. ☹️ When checking relay I grounded signal wire and a/c works, but after the car is turned off it will not work. Thank You for your help.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: All fuses are good.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: Fusion
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The a/c was working, motor was replaced. Freon was added and did not work (will not turn on). Checked all fuses tested relay.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Check for codes no codes. When grounded signal wire at relay #2 pin a/c compressor turns on but after the car is turned off it will not turn on any more.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You have 2 switches on the A/C lines. One is a high pressure switch that is closer to the condenser and the other is a low pressure switch that is closer to the accumulator. Check to see that you have power going across those switches. If not on one of them, that switch is bad and needs to be replaced.

Check them first.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok si do thanks.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you find. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok KOEO A/C on, only has one switch by the fire wall three pron connector, no power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switch is on the smaller a/c line.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

No power to it? Then there is a fault inside the cab then.

This vehicle has an electronic system that is tied into the modules, too.

Can you go to a Autozone and have the vehicle scanned for codes to see if the controller or one of the sensors comes up? It will save a lot of time and aggravation. Autozone does the scans for free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a scanner, the only code that is on is PO-0452 EVAP Pressure Low.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

give few minutes i want to look up the wiring diagram since no power to the switches .

be right back with you few minutes

Thank You

Chad

the P0452 description fault ( I dont see this code causing you a/c malfunction , if u read what it is used for )

I m going to look up the wiring diagram for the a/c system and get back to you , we need to do some testing , but look like the problem is in the interior ,

a/c control head , BCM module , wiring etc ..

I will let you know something by this evening and tell what is a good time where you will be with the car .

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the car with me.

ok good , so we have no power on low pressure switch and you are missing ground on pin#2 if u give grounds manually the a/c works

,and all fuses and relay are checked ? correct?

thanks

how replaced the engine ,did you do it yourself ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ground pin #2 at a/c relay and a/c works.
Motor was installed in a different shop.

the a/c was working before and now we have another engine & a/c not working ,If this truck was in my shop, I want to go over the engine job and look for any loose ground connection

hand raise on a lift and ;look under , did you do that or can you do it, we have to eliminates that the engine job is not the issue , if u told me you drove it for a day or 2 it could be a coincidence, but since it never started after the job , then we have to check there , unless the control head went bad, or two wires touching in the wiring harness grounding the circuit the pcm pin that goes to the relay ground for the a/c that u are grounding , really a multiple of reasons to be honest

but the ground is what u missing and we need to find the missing ground

now i m assuming the inside blower motor is not working correct .

have the blower motor resistor been checked ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Inside blower Is working. I already check engine compartment, did not find any loose wires or pinched wires. Pin #2 at relay should recieve a ground signal from PCM when turned on. My scanner showed that a/c is turned on whe I turn a/c to the on position.

exactly, you should receive ground , so if the blower working ,so blower resistor a/c control issue ,then you have a bad ground wire between the pin#2 and the ecm , or pcm itself

you can trace the wire and do a continuity test on that pin#2 wire

unplug the a/c control head and then look at scanner does a/c still shows on ?

follow that pin# ***** to pcm and put your test light with positive lead on positive side of battery ( so u checking for ground) and test for ground when u cycle the a/c switch your test light should go off and on each time u cycle the switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do that. Thanks

you welcome ,

good luck

Hope I was helpfull to you ,Let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive rating is Much Aprecciated

This Post Will Stay Open for you to Come Back And Ask Me Any Follow Up Questions You May have On This Issue Even after You Rate Me

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)