Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a check engine light on - on my 2005 Ford Expedition

Customer Question
JA: Does the light stay...
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: solid no notable performance issues
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing except had it read at parts store and said #8 misfire. would like to fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no other symptoms
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/13/2016
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the first thing I would try is to replace the spark plug and the rubber boot for the coil. just the boot.

when you remove the coil check inside the tube for any sign of coolant. if there is, then the intake manifold is leaking coolant and has contaminated the tube and causing the coil to short to ground instead of spark to the plug

roy

how are you making out

how are you making out

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think Roy but the response didn't come through for 5 hours. bu the I had taken it to the dealer. The idea is good but the communication has flaws I don't care what time it saws the reponses were sent. If I could have got an answer before I went to the dealer I would have continued with Roy.. very unfortunate.

it has ben 3 days and you never responded. I responded in less than 5 minutes.

did my end of the deal

Roy

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest