AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Trans axle light is on with the battery light car won't

Customer Question

Trans axle light is on with the battery light car won't start
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: Haven't been able to yet. Battery is old and connections are corroded.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnecting the battery in hopes of resetting the computer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It's a 2003 Ford Taurus
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1fafp55u13g256163
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the VIN!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I take it the engine does not crank over? Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, have you checked for power down at the starter?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

You might just have a bad starter..

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the process of getting a new battery now since it is old. CAr is at a gas station in the rain.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha! It might just be as simple as a bad battery or a bad starter. Both are very common. Just be sure that the cable connections are clean and tight.