Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Having a theft light flash and no crank : Yes everyone tells…

Customer Question
Having a theft light...

Having a theft light flash and no crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

Yes everyone tells me it's the pcm ground because my mileage isn't showing up just dots

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Well lastnight I went to crank my truck it started fine then I went back into the house came out and it had shut off and my theft light was blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I have before lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?

I've had to replace ignition starter switch before

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/12/2016
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be glad to try to help. What is the year make and model of your vehicle?

2000 ford f150
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. The security system will need to be reset and then run through the relearn procedure. Dealer level software or a subscription is needed to access the software to reprogram the security system. Click this link for the procedure.

Security system

Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Also click on this link

Pats system

Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi Did you get this resolved?