Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Having a theft light flash and no crank : Yes everyone tells

Customer Question
Having a theft light flash...
Having a theft light flash and no crank
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: Yes everyone tells me it's the pcm ground because my mileage isn't showing up just dots
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well lastnight I went to crank my truck it started fine then I went back into the house came out and it had shut off and my theft light was blinking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have before lol
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I've had to replace ignition starter switch before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/12/2016
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be glad to try to help. What is the year make and model of your vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2000 ford f150
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks for the update. The security system will need to be reset and then run through the relearn procedure. Dealer level software or a subscription is needed to access the software to reprogram the security system. Click this link for the procedure.

Security system

Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Also click on this link

Pats system

Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi Did you get this resolved?

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson