Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

Reduced power warning and a wrench pic : Purchased diesel 6

Customer Question

Reduced power warning and a wrench pic
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Purchased diesel 6 miles earlier. 2008 f350
JA: How many miles are on the engine? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 57000 miles. Not as good as usual. Pulling an 80 00 travel trailer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Depends I'm on the road.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. If you have a wrench light and that "reduced power" message, then it's got a code stored for something and since your on the road, you probably don't have a scanner do you? Can you check fuse 74 out under the hood. Make sure it's good. here is where it is.

Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 1 year ago.

hello /\. May I ask ? Are you experiencing a driveability issue or is it just that the light has come on ?

the normal cause on a diesel engine that can cause the reduced power notification is a restriction in the exhaust system . The exhaust may becoming restricted and be in need of a DPF system cleaning or " Regen "

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse is good. I checked the continuity. If I get a scanner, what am I looking for? Can I just reset it. Can I force a regen?

if you connect a scanner you are going to see DTC's that are related to the DPF system . On that year of ford diesel , you will require an " industry " grade diagnostic tool to conduct a DPF regeneration of the system .