Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2010 F250 power stroke Started blowing smoke and leaking oil

Customer Question
2010 F250 power stroke Started...
2010 F250 power stroke Started blowing smoke and leaking oil coming up interstate low compression on cylinder 5. 240k miles never had an issue with this truck
JA: An oil leak can be frustrating and tough to diagnose. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Had to pull over and get wrecker truck lost power. Sounds like an old 7.3 rattling and banging
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: And cylinder 5 is very low compression.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: He'll know it's at mechanics now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Hell NO *
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

What compression reading sis you get on #5 and did you compare it to the surrounding cylinders?

Could you tell where the oil was leaking from?

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's at the mechanic he just said it was low his exact words we very low. . Oil seems to be coming from back if facing left upper
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hoping it's not toast
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got a chip and inter cooler , and exhaust did all that when I first bought it to get the fuel mileage up. Truck has been a great for 5 years of pulling boats all the time. Just wild no signs b4 just all of the sudden started leaking oil and smoking went in to limp mode

Thanks, ***** ***** happened was there a bad noise just prior and during?

Smoke was from the exhaust tip or under the hood?

Was is it a minimal or very bad oil leak?

Were you running it hard when this happened?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No noise , smoke from oil on manifold at first then from exhaust once I stopped leaking pretty good just was running on interstate pulled in to fast lane and it just lost power
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sounds like a 7.3 now

Thanks, ***** ***** I have gathered from you minus doing testing and inspections. I believe you have either cracked the head or blown out the head gasket and this has caused the oil to come out as well as the low compression. The only ways to get out out of the engine in this area would be from a valve cover leak, head or gasket issue or cracked block. The block would of resulted in coolant and oil and bad noise. The valve cover would not effect the compression.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. When your ready please make sure to pick a rating. Rating is the only way I get compensated for helping. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician