Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2007 Ford Focus 2.0 Manual trans need labor time and

Customer Question
2007 Ford Focus 2.0 Manual...
2007 Ford Focus 2.0 Manual trans
need labor time and directions to change the alternator
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
6/1/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, for the transmission you are looking at 6.5 hours for R&R. Please give me one more moment and I will get you the directions for the alternator.

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect the battery. For additional information, refer to Section 414-01.
  1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02.
  1. Remove the 2 screws and the accessory drive splash shield.
    • To install, tighten to 5 Nm (44 lb-in).
  1. Rotate the front end accessory drive belt tensioner clockwise and position the front end accessory drive belt aside.
  1. Release the 2 retainers and remove the lower generator air duct.
  1. Disconnect the generator electrical connector.
  1. Position the protective cover aside, remove the nut and position the generator B+ terminal aside.
    • Discard the nut.
    • To install, tighten to 8 Nm (71 lb-in).
  1. Remove the 2 nuts and the generator splash shield.
    • To install, tighten to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft).
  1. Remove the generator bolt.
    • To install, tighten to 47 Nm (35 lb-ft).
  1. Remove the 2 generator nuts.
  1. Remove the engine roll restrictor mount bolt.
    • To install, tighten to 48 Nm (35 lb-ft).
  1. NOTE: This step requires an assistant.

Position the engine forward and remove the generator.
  1. If necessary, remove the 2 generator stud bolts.
    • To install, tighten to 24 Nm (18 lb-ft).
  1. If necessary, remove the bolt and the generator air duct.
    • To install, tighten to 12 Nm (9 lb-ft).
  1. If necessary, remove the cap, nut and radial adapter.
    • To install, tighten to 11 Nm (8 lb-ft).
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
James, Ford Technician