Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2004 Ford F 350 Turbodiesel- the outside thermometer in the

Customer Question

2004 Ford F 350 Turbodiesel- the outside thermometer in the rear view mirror reads 10-15 degrees colder than real outside temp- any way to calibrate it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2004 F350 King Ranch- Rear view mirror compass reads correct, but thermometer always reads way low- it goes up and down as temp outside changes, but reads WAY low- today it's 85 outside but it shows 72 degrees?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible-
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: NO-
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

This thermometer does not have a calibration option. When the thermometer display works but the temp reading is wrong. The fix is to replace the temperature sensor. The sensor is mounted behind the grille to the left of the drivers headlight when looking at the truck from the front. The catch is, Ford shows this model to have the compass and temp reading in the overhead console, not the mirror. So this may be an add on mirror option that was not on the truck when it was built meaning it may work different than the OEM diagrams I have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. You have already paid all the fees, now its time to rate the answer. Rating pays me from your deposit. I am only paid through not by the website if you rate me. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris