Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

How many speakers does the 2004 Lincoln navigator with NAV

Customer Question

how many speakers does the 2004 Lincoln navigator with NAV have since I am replacing with a new head unit and need to bypass the amplifier.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: there are several diagrams that have a subwoofer wiring, but I can't find a subwoofer.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hoping... yes
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I know you have NAV, CD but do you have rear controls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

bear with me. have to pull diagrams as 4 different units were offered

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Ok, system with amp ONLY amplifies 2 speakers, The subwoofers. so, since doing radio swap, you can bypass the subwoofers , they are only powered up out of the amp, NOT the nav/radio

the other speakers? you have a total of 6, LF, RF, LR RR and 2 tweeters

Would take a lot of time to send each and every wire color as all abbreviated , like Wh = white. BLk = Bleack, OR = orange and so on. In your case does not matter if you reverse + / - wires as long as you have correct wires to each speaker. Here is a wiring diagram of the 6 speakers , just remember you will not have the subwoofers as out of amp only