Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I can not get the batteries charged enought to crank the tru

Customer Question

I can not get the batteries charged enought to crank the tru ck
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It started a few months ago my 2003 ford 250 would crank run and die. It sat a while and I could not even start it and drained the batteries
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: that's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So are you asking about why you can't start the truck?
It sounds to me like you have 1 of 2 problems with the cranking issue.
1) batteries have a dead or shorted cell and won't take a charge
2) starter is going bad.Can you take the batteries out and charge them overnight and if you have a battery checker then check them but if you don't autozone, oreilly's or advance will check them for free.
If they check bad then replace them but if not let me know so we can figure out the cranking issue.Let me know what happens or if you have any questions so I can continue to assist.Thanks
Sonny.
Sonny.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem or did my advice help?
Let me know please.Thanks
Sonny