Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I think it's answered here looking side outlet to recharge ac

Customer Question
i think its answred here...
i think its answred here looking for low side outlet to recharge ac
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: not as cool as should be .. get cold at highway speed, was going to put in sealer and then re charge
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can,
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: ac is my concern
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/31/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your questions,

Can you tell me what your working on? Year, make and model please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
06 Ford five hundred. AC recharge

Thank you for that, The low side suction service port is in the suction side line coming off of the compressor which is the lager line a few inches back from the compressor. See the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. I have marked it for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Low%20side%20May%2031.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this answer was free on all kinds of sites.. without being disrespectful, im not sure i would have paid for the same answer .. why would anyone.. so here is a question.. can you give me your thoughts on why after recharging and sealer installed.. it still gets cold at higher revs, than at idle..

Can you tell me your pressure reading on both the high side as well as the low side with the AC on and the compressor running?

In order to determine why the system is not cooling properly as you have mentioned you need to start first with installing a set of AC gauges and read the system pressure. Are you able to do that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gage was at (low)90 with engine off and once I started it it drops into good range 30-55. When I rev engine it drops to lowest but doesn't go below "blue range"

Normal pressure on the high side and the low side with the compressor off should be right at 100 to 110 PSI. With the compressor running at idle you should see 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and right at 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. If you reading 55 on the low side with the compressor running that would indicate you are over charged providing the high side pressure is in the correct range. The problem with the cheap charge kit is the reading are not as accurate as they should be.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh ok. So a) why does it drop at higher rev( my understanding of that is low coolant. And b) how to I discharge excess if you are correct

The suction side is suppose to drop while revving. Before you discharge anything you really need to check the high side pressure.

Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello is there a reason why you requested a new expert? Ron has answered both of your questions from what I can tell

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans