sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My ford f150 2000 model want crank the radio will not come

Customer Question

my ford f150 2000 model want crank the radio will not come on and the door locks don't work
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes replaced the ignition
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it want roll over i can jump it at the solenoid and it will start if the radio comes on than it will start with the ignition
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the ignition switch checked all the cables and connections and checked for codes it has not set any codes
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A wiring issue is likely if no fuses are blown and the ignition switch has been replaced with a known good part.

Is the radio the only thing that won't work? The blower motor, turn signals, wipers, etc all work?

Do you have power to fuse 21 in the central junction block with the key in the crank position?

Did the problem start after an accident, repair, a jump start, etc?