Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2012 Ford F350 SD, 6.7 Diesel. purchased 11/11, Production

Customer Question
2012 Ford F350 SD, 6.7...
2012 Ford F350 SD, 6.7 Diesel. Purchaed 11/11, Production date 8/11. Started vehicle this morning no issue, drove to friends house shut off truck. Truck sat for about 2 hours, when out would not start, just clicking and an attempt to turn over. Truck was in the middle of the driveway so gave the remote start feature a try, fired right up. Any ideas.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Static Voltage Left Battery 12.86, Right Battery 12.87 (Truck not running)
5/30/2016
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

is the click coming from the starter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am a mechanic also, heavy equipment and farm equipment just so you know I do have some level of knowledge. I would not say it was a clunk as much as a relay or solenoid vibrating quickly, But still makes not sense the remote start worked fine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sense (can't spell either) :)

I'm a terrible speller also.. sounds like a intermittent starter failure...I think it was just coincidence that it startd with the remote. I think you have the beginning of a starter failure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what I thought too, but the truck only has 60 K on it. Have the 6.7 been experiencing starter issues?

yes tons of starter failures...the 6.7 can be troublesome

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I will run it over to the Ford dealer, only problem I have found is if it is not 'failing' when they test it they will not do anything. I have the Ford ESP to 100K or 5 years....lets see if they will replace it. Will the put in new or remanned?

esp is usually pretty good...usually the wont replace unless its acting up

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kind of what I figured...remanned or new if they do replace

usually reman

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That sucks, maybe I will and replace with new myself. Thanks!!

good luck...hope you can rate my service 5 star

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

hope you can rate me 5 star so we can close this out

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy