Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2001 ford explorer sport. I can not get the rear

Customer Question

I have a 2001 ford explorer sport. I can not get the rear hatch to open. I got the window to open and was able to jimmy the latch to get the tools needed to change a tire that was flat. Now I cant get the tailgate or window to open. Any Ideas???
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It depends on how much of a job it is.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No. It runs great for as old as it is.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What did you do to jimmy the latch and did the latch then release for you to open the rear hatch to change out a tire then at all but will not open now?

Let me know,thanks Pete