Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My f150 low low low low how do I pass it to get it home :

Customer Question
My f 150 is locked...
My f 150 is locked in low*****how do I pass it to get it home
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is a2)04 super crew lariot 5.4 engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible or Toby pass to get to dealer in Toledo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I am seventy miles from dealers
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/28/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

what steps did you take to try and shift out of 4low?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the vacuum solenoid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When tested put vacum to top line still would not let trans to shift
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have thought of anything yet?

to shift out of 4low, you must have the trans in neutral, the engine running and have your foot on the brake, did you do this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your help it was simple

you are welcome, was it the procedure that I gave that worked?

Don't forget to rate me and accept please, thank You.

Ray M.
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech