Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

When put left turn signal on the speedometer jumps and fuel

Customer Question
pump goes on and off JA...
When put left turn signal on the speedometer jumps and fuel pump goes on and off
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Truck will not reve up over two thousand R p m s
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: And when with key on when left turn signal is on the pump on the frame rail turns on and off as the signal blinks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Other than got me stranded cause of the weekend
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there.

If you’re planning on fixing this issue yourself, please be aware that there’s a 99.99% chance of you having to use diagnostic equipment and other tools to do so.

What year, model and engine size are you working with? Does the check engine light come on? Are there any data trouble codes in the onboard computer's memory?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a app. Tuesday just was hoping for something stupid

Sorry, but I don't understand your post... I'll opt out so others may try to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Ford Mechanic: Master Auto Tech., master tech. replied 1 year ago
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.May I ask, do you still need help with this problem?
If so can you tell me the year, model and engine size of your ford?
Then I'll see if we can figure out if it's something simple or not.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
08 f350 6.4
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Flasher and speedometer jumps with flash only on left side thee right flasher is fine
Gotcha is that the only problem or is there another as well? I wasn't sure but in your original post I thought I understood that your pickup isn't running as well?The flasher problem honestly sounds like a ground issue. If the bulbs aren't grounded well becouse of corrosion or rust then the power back feeds to other things. Have you looked at your bulbs and there wires?
And do you live in a high salt area?Thanks
Sonny
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked some grounds but the truck will not exceed 1800 r p m s
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like it is in limp mode
Awe gotcha. Ok so your check engine light is probably on as well then correct?
As far as the flashers, take out both left bulbs and turn the flashers on and see what happens.Also if your check engine light is on have you checked it for codes? If so can you tell me what they are?Thanks
Sonny
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have not checked the codes , the wrench sign flashes on and off
Ok so I will say it's not going to be a simple fix it sounds like. If it stays in limp mode after you shut it off and start it up then there is an active fault. We will need the codes to know where to look tho.The only thing I can suggest is taking both battery negatives off for 15 min and turning your headlight switch on while the cables are off and see what happens.Let me know.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do
Thanks.
Let me know what happens.Just to let you know, i am about to log off for the day, but if you reply I will get it first thing in the morning. But if it's urgent then another tech may jump in.Thanks
Sonny
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happened when I did this
Same problem still? Then we will need to read the computer for pending and history codes.
Can you get your hands on a good quality scanner?Thanks
Sonny
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

It seems both prior techs have thrown in the towel, would you like me to try and help?

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician