Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

93 bronco , sometimes when you it in drive , it acts like

Customer Question
it's in 2nd or 3rd...
93 bronco , sometimes when you it in drive , it acts like it's in 2nd or 3rd at take off . Then next time it works ok . Changed neutral safety switch , no change . Analyzer then showed code about some pack in trans, ( can't remember exact term ) there is 4 of them together . 1 of the 4 showed bad , or maybe a short . Tranny guy is baffled too !
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No , I have a Former Ford dealership mech that has taken it to a trans shop, and now they are thinking maybe ecm .
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I drove to this mech,s shop and tensioner bearings when out and threw the belt , drove it less than half mile , and it over heated . When I left his shop after repairs is when I had tranny problem .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/26/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. It is possible the ecu is the cause here if it is engaging a higher gear when it shouldnt be.I have also seen issues with the transmission torque converter as well cause this type of fault here needing replaced.This will have to be checked into/tested further to be sure of the component causing this issue here and then from there repaired/replaced to correct this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician