Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Pearl....2002 expedition horn stopped working...absolutely

Customer Question

Hi Pearl....2002 expedition horn stopped working...absolutely LOVE our baby...cant find anything in owners manual. Could it have anythibng
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NO alarms, security either...are they tied together?? what troubleshooting ideas do you suggest please???
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: cant find fuse location in owners manual,,,,which one is it??? battery fully charged???
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: yes, suspension was worked on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no, ABSOLUTELY perfect. again, security system down as well....wouldnt think that would take horn too...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** the 20 amp fuse in location 7 of fuse box under hood. If good it sounds like either the horn switch has failed or the horn itself. Access the horn and apply power to the yellow/green wire, if horn doesn't activate then the horn switch itself has probably failed. To have this repair done a a shop would cost around $200. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.