Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2008 f350 6.4 powerstroke, just changed the radiator, I

Customer Question
didn't use the motorcraft gold...
2008 f350 6.4 powerstroke, just changed the radiator, I didn't use the motorcraft gold coolant, used a Preston coolant, well when I'm driving the engines sounds like the jet sound, it does that when the coolant reaches 190 degrees, trans/ engine sensor are good, fan is good, is the engine trying to cool off or do I need to do a coolant flush and do the right coolant. 126050 miles on this truck
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The coolant brand itself shouldnt cause this issue here as I have seen before where air trapped in the engine coolant system can cause this here.I would have the air vacuumed out with a coolant vacuum/suction machine and then topped off to see if this resolves this issue here.I would also have the engine checked over for anything that may have been installed incorrectly or may have possibly been damaged during the radiator replacement that may be causing this issue.I dont see this as the brand or type of coolant causing this here though as I have seen lots of model vehicles with the incorrect coolant with no issues.It is possible there is to much water mixed with the coolant and you may be boiling the coolant with some of it needing drained out and coolant added for a stronger mixture as well. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician