Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

My air is blowing hot in my 1996 Ford explorer. Does it mean

Customer Question

My air is blowing hot in my 1996 Ford explorer. Does it mean I need some Freon?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I try to turn the air on it blows out hot air.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

hi , my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. Do you know if your a/c compressor is still turning in the engine comaprtement and the clutch is engaging ? was it working and suddenly it started to blow hot air with you ? or it was gradually loss of cool air ? & when was it last time serviced?

those answers will help me give the correct answer ?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?