Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I own a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor.

Customer Question

I own a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor. PROBLEM: I have a problem turning on my front head lights. SUMMARY: When I turn the headlights switch on, only the front and rear running lights come on... no head lights. The only way I can operate the head lights (while parked or driving), is to continuous hold the high-beam lever back on the left-side turn-signal switch and the high-beam lights will function. If I let the high-beam lever fall back to their previous position... both head lamps turn off. REMEDY: I checked all fuse boxes for blown fuses. Local mechanic says I need to replace the LCM (Light Control Module) adjacent to car's internal fuse box. Advice?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,The most common cause for the loss of headlamps on your 2003 Crown Vic is in most cases caused by a failing LCM (lighting control module) and in order to verify if that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/LCM%20May%2023.pdfI have also enclosed the replacement steps in this link if needed. You can find it under the dash just above the gas pedal. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/LCM%20location%20May%2023.pdf