Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F150 ford: 88f150 5 speed stick,won't go in reverse unless

Customer Question

88f150 5 speed stick,won't go in reverse unless completely warmed up,i shut it off put it in reverse ,then restart and it goes rite in gear after driving for about 20 min the box is fine ,whats up?
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist how old is the clutch???when the truck is hot, the idle is lower and that most likely is the reason it will go into gear. the clutch disc is not releasing completely and that will not allow smooth gear engagement Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help??