Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My a/c stopped blowing cold.

Customer Question

My a/c stopped blowing cold. The compressor turns freely by hand. I checked fuses, relays, diodes, all checked ok. I installed 134a Freon, having leak detector, no visible leaks. Blower works fine. No visible freon leaks inside of cab either. I'm wondering if a/c accumulator switch may be bad and is there a test to perform on it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, as long as I don't have to evacuate the system.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I test all fuses, relays, diodes related to the a/c system. I installed 134a Freon with and without leak detection dye. No visible leaks inside cab or under the hood and under the motor.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It runs perfectly. It has 97,000+ miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist do you have a voltmeter to do some tests?? Roy