Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Wipers wont turn on, but the washer still pumps fluid from

Customer Question
wipers dont turn on, but...
wipers dont turn on, but the washer still pumps fluid from the resevoir
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just did
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: googling :D
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/15/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! What is the year, make, and model of the vehicle? Have you check the fuse and relays already? Do you have a multimeter to be able to do some other checks as needed?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2009 Ford Explorer limited V8I have a multimeter. I was thinking that what may have happened is the wiper linkage got disconnected from the motor somehow. (The wipers move freely, in unison.) How long would it take the motor to burn out if it had no hold on it? I need info on what fuses to check (the covers didn't come labelled) and how to get into the cowl. the rest seems straight forward.
You can just pry on the cowl. It has clips that hold it in place. CLICK HERE for the cowl info to get to the motor. CLICK HERE for the diagnostics to help guide you step by step on what to chack, what voltage you should have where on the motor, etc. I don't know why this says I opted out. I didn't do so. I'm still here with you.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating. Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond. I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not. We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.
Jeremy
Jeremy