Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

96 Ford Ranger 3.0l standard trans P1445 code. changed sensor

Customer Question

96 Ford Ranger 3.0l standard trans P1445 code. changed sensor and vaccuum hoses and still no luck
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've got a P1445 OBD code it went away after I changed the PF sensor and the Vacuum hoses my OBD2 tester showed a green light and no codes pending. that lasted for 20 miles P1445 code back in
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, but Im kinda stumped at the moment... just reading thru the forums here to gleen some more info....
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed out the Purge flow sensor, and vacuum hoses to it. also within the last 6 months I've changed out the Filler hose Charcoal canister, Purge Valve to get rid of an EVAP code
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: 225,000 miles and still running great except for this code 1445
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking you hanged the purge flow sensor and the purge valve as an assembly?