Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

After bleeding the brakes, we don't get pedal. We get clean

Customer Question

After bleeding the brakes, we don't get pedal. We get clean fluid but no pedal.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's a 95 f-150. I replaced calipers and rotors. Bled the system and no brake pedal.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We've bled the system 3X. No pedal.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** am going to try to help!
Before you replaced the brake parts, did you have a pedal?
Hi, just checking in...do you still need help with this problem?
Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you still need any assistance with your problem. I also want to mention in case you haven't checked this, it is very important to make sure the correct calipers are installed on the correct side. If you put the right side caliper on the left and the left side on the right, it will usually bolt up just fine but the bleeder screw will be on the bottom instead of the top, not allowing all the air to escape the caliper. I have seen this happen several times and it is an easy fix! Please let me know if you have any further questions and don't forget to leave a positive rating!