Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I HAVE 2010 FORD FUSION AND TACHOMETER DOES NOT WORK JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

I HAVE 2010 FORD FUSION AND TACHOMETER DOES NOT WORK
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: EVER THINGS WORK EXCEPT THE TACHOMETER
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: CHECK ALL FUSES
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I REPLACE NEW THROTTLE BODY I HAD CODE P2111
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, we are looking for an expert to assist, they will be along to assist , Lou P.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY TACHOMETER IS THE ONLY GUAGE THAT DOES NOT WORK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LOU P WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE NOT GET A RESPONSE FROM U
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Sorry for the delay on this busy Monday...The tach not working could be caused by an internal failure or a missing external RPM signal. Are there any other issues besides the tach not working? Do you have access to a scan tool capable of communicating with the instrument cluster module?