Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2003 Ford Expedition's driver window has been slow to roll

Customer Question

my 2003 Ford Expedition's driver window has been slow to roll up for a couple of years, and today the window came down but won't go back up. Removed the module in the door where the switches are located just to see if I could see anything obvious. I think the switch has had it, when I put it all back together, the window will roll down but when I try and roll it back up I saw a whisper of white smoke so I stopped instantly...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: took the electrical switch module out of the door and disassembled it down as far as I could go.....red my first response, it pretty well details what I've and thnk
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
On the Expedition, it is common for the drivers UP button on the master switch to go bad. It usually starts going bad and you have to press hard to get it to work.