Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Taurus: Need the right procédure to reset tpms on a Taurus

Customer Question
Need the right procédure to...
Need the right procédure to reset tpms on a Taurus 2011 Limited with push Burton?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist did you replace the sensor??? is it new or did you just air up the tires??? Roy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Air up and reset
all the procedures are for re learning with a special tool. fords web site says to drive after correcting air pressures. if the light does not re set then there is a fault code stored and we would need that to see what the issue is. Roy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I no that sir, i have thé spécial tool ,i need the procédure to reset
wow, that is new information you never provided. that would have helped if you stated that NOTE: If the vehicle has been stationary for more than 30 minutes, the sensors will go into a "sleep mode" to conserve battery power. It will be necessary to wake them up so they will transmit the latest tire pressure information to the Smart Junction Box (SJB). For additional information, refer to Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensor Activation See: Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensor Activation.NOTE: The tire pressure sensor training procedure must be done on a single vehicle, in an area without radio frequency noise and at least 1 m (3 ft) away from other vehicles equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).Radio frequency noise is generated by electrical motors and appliance operation, cellular telephones, remote transmitters, power inverters and portable entertainment equipment.NOTE: If a sensor does not respond to the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool, attempt to activate the same sensor with the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool. If the sensor still does not respond, move the vehicle to rotate the wheels at least one-fourth turn and attempt to activate the same sensor again.NOTE: The SJB has a 2-minute time limit between sensor responses. If the SJB does not recognize any 1 of the 4 tire pressure sensors during this time limit, the horn will sound twice and the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT and the entire procedure must be repeated.NOTE: For vehicles with different front and rear tire pressures (such as the E-Series and certain F-Series), the tire pressure sensors must be trained following a tire rotation. Failure to train the sensors will cause the TPMS indicator to illuminate. For vehicles with the same tire pressure for front and rear tires, tire rotation will not affect the system.NOTE: Refer to Description and Operation, Intelligent Access (IA) with Push Button Start in Anti-Theft - Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) See: Accessories and Optional Equipment\Antitheft and Alarm Systems\Description and Operation\Anti-Theft - Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) to review the procedures for achieving the various ignition states (ignition in accessory, ignition on, ignition start, ignition off) on vehicles with this feature. With the ignition OFF, press and release the brake pedal.Using the start/stop switch, position the ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times, ending in the RUN position.Press and release the brake pedal.Position the ignition to OFF position.Using the start/stop switch, position the ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times, ending in the RUN position.The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN LF TIRE.NOTE: It may take up to 6 seconds to activate a tire pressure sensor. During this time, the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool must remain in place at the valve stem.Place the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool on the LF tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button on the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the SJB. Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool on the RF tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the RF tire pressure sensor. NOTE: Do not wait more than 2 minutes between training each sensor or the SJB will time out and the entire procedure must be repeated.Repeat Step 7 for the RR and LR tires.The procedure is completed after the last tire has been trained. When the training procedure is complete, the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE TRAINING COMPLETE.For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure will be verified by turning the ignition switch to the OFF position without the horn sounding. If the horn sounds twice when the switch is turned to the OFF position, the training procedure was not successful. Using the scan tool, locate the updated TPMS sensor identifiers trained to the SJB and document them on the applicable warranty claim.NOTE: This step is required to clear DTC C2780, cause the SJB to exit the manufacturing mode and to make sure there are no other concerns with a newly programmed SJB.If the sensors are being trained due to the installation of a new SJB, clear any DTCs and carry out the SJB On-Demand Self Test.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When i change my tire to winter or summer tire (two set of mag )i need to relearn.
NOTE: The tire pressure sensors will go into a "sleep mode" when a vehicle is stationary to conserve battery power. The sensors do not transmit information while in sleep mode. It will be necessary to wake them up so they will transmit the latest tire pressure information. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.Position the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool against the LF tire sidewall at the tire valve stem.NOTE: The Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool will provide feedback in the form of a flashing green light and a beep sound for each successful response from a tire pressure sensor. This feedback may not always be present, do not rely on it as a confirmation that the module heard a particular sensor.NOTE: If a sensor does not respond to the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool, move the vehicle to rotate the wheels at least one-fourth of a turn and attempt to activate the same sensor again. If the sensor still does not respond, attempt to activate the same sensor again using the customer activation tool (if available). If the sensor still fails to train, attempt to train the sensor with the vehicle doors open.Press the test button on the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool to activate the sensor. Activate the sensor at least 2 times. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for the remaining tires.If the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) indicator remains illuminated after adjusting and activating each sensor, refer to the Symptom Chart in Diagnosis and Testing. See: Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sir ,that procédure is avaiable on internet ,i cant not enter on learning mode ,WE do the procédure at mtiple time and i dont ear the Horn ,what is the problème?
roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest