Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have moved and my ford keys are packed up and I need to get

Customer Question
my things out but I...
I have moved and my ford keys are packed up and I need to get my things out but I do not know the key code but I do have the vin number...any suggestions??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My keys are packed up in a box from moving I have a key code punch on the driver's side door I have my title and access to the vin number. I am trying to get a few boxes in the back seat. I was wondering if I told someone the vin number if they could help me find out the key code. I wanted to find my keys and get those boxes unpacked without waiting on Monday for the ford dealership to open. Is that possible?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am I need to get to those boxes my kids things are in their I hope and I don't have a way to drive it without finding my keys that got packed up. Also my house keys and storage keys are packed away with the truck key, so I need them as soon as possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It's an 04 heritage edition xlt Ford F-150 4 x 4. All the web pages I have found said that I have to take it to a ford dealership for them to look it up. I would look in the passenger fuse box but the doors are locked and I googled the zip code for the county it was bought which has always been my key code in the past but it is not working
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/7/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. When you say key code I believe you are saying the key less entry key pad code. The only way to get that code so you can use it is with access inside the vehicle. A diagnostic tool is needed or you can look at the tag on the module. Ford does not keep record of them. A key code is the cuts on a key. Ford only retains key codes for 10 years. So the dealership could not make you a key from your vin#. The options now are to unpack and get the keys or use some household products like a wooden spoon. Most do not slim jim anymore. They use a hand held air bag to spread the top rear corner of the door from the body then insert a rod and press the unlock switch. You can do the same with your fingers, and wooden spoon to hold about a 3/4 inch gap and a coat hanger. Those that do slim jim use a V shaped rod to go into the door, under the glass, rotate 90 degrees then feel around and lift up under the lock knob to push it up. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician