Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a Ford Expedition 1999 4x4 Eddie Bauer 5.4 L. While

Customer Question
in 4L 4x4 light is...
I have a Ford Expedition 1999 4x4 Eddie Bauer 5.4 L. While in 4L 4x4 light is blinking on and off, and I only have rear tire traction as I'm driving. Light is blinking on and off whether I'm driving or in a parking position. Problem started occurring approximately at 76,000 miles. How do I resolve this issue?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I also had to replace the light sensor because was blinking on and off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
5/6/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. In 4 high is there power to the front wheels?Do you have a auto and or 2wd setting as well?Does the 4x4 light flash in any other setting than 4 low?This flashing light means a code is stored. Can you or have you had it scanned?Are you looking into doing the diag to figure this out yourself?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1. There is power to the front wheels
2. No I don't
3. And yes it flash on 4 high and in A4wd
I haven't scanner the code neither
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thanks, ***** ***** you confirm the front tires are getting power driven in auto and 4 high but not in low?Are you looking into doing the diag to figure this out yourself?A phone call is an additional 26$ and this concern will require you needing files to diagnose this which I can not upload over the phone, but I can submit a phone offer if you want.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By driving in it in 4h
Thanks, ***** ***** one will be getting it scanned. The codes will make the diag go much faster and easier on you. Below are the diag steps we will need to follow without knowing the codes.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/testA.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician